DealPoint Gives You Real-Time Bank Portfolio Management and Analytics
You’ll use DealPoint to more effectively shape your portfolio. You can actively manage pricing targets, and set hurdle rates and return on capital goals.
The cheapest way to manage your portfolio is at the point of origination. Because trading assets off later will be expensive both in time and cost. By pricing each deal across the enterprise to reflect your goals, DealPoint can help actively steer your portfolio. You decide how fast you pivot by how aggressively you set your pricing. To get the message out quickly, you can broadcast discounts to your team via real-time notifications and during pricing recommendations.
In addition, DealPoint captures the transactional, behavioral, and granular data on every deal. Rich data analytics help manage portfolio concentration.
You’ll more effectively calculate and optimize the return on capital (across the bank), and maximize margin (for commercial and SME lending).
“Early Warning System” for Deal Results before the Deal is Approved
Portfolio managers have complete transparency into the deals that are happening bank-wide. You’ll see every pending deal – long before the results hit your monthly reports. You’ll have the opportunity to assess impact to tail risk before a deal is approved, and modify pricing before the deal is done.
You can view multi-year performance of the proposed deal — and its impact on the relationship as well as portfolio profitability. You’ll more efficiently manage the entire deal approval process – with a complete pipeline analysis in real-time.
Data Capture from the Entire Pricing Process
For deep portfolio analytics, DealPoint captures:
- Deal and product pricing
- Initial and final pricing
- Customer/Deal/Product details
- Data from the approval process
- Costs, hurdles, and other relevant factors
Managers at Every Level Benefit from an Accurate and Comprehensive Dataset
Now you can capture deals you know actually happened, and all of the inputs are accurate.
You can use data to forecast customer profitability or for portfolio risk modelling, e.g., set parameters/assumptions for risk and capital calculations. The platform affords finance, risk modelers, and system administrators (and ultimately the bank) complete independence and control over your data, model, and process.
Dashboard and Powerful Portfolio Analytics
Once booked, DealPoint tracks the performance of each deal — including cross-sell promises.
You can use the detailed information in DealPoint to:
- Create pricing benchmarks
- Measure performance of a salesforce, branch, region, or line of business
- Recommend cross-sell actions and deal structures
- Set target pricing to optimize return on capital and increase margins
- Track delinquency rates on outstanding volume versus deposits
- Grade loans
- Understand customer preference, e.g., fee or margin sensitivity
- Assess discount behaviors
- Develop successful product packages for individual or groups of customers
- Identify best/worst customers
- Identify trends in spread, risk, capital consumption
- Understand pricing power/pressure
- Track cross sell income
- Monitor the portfolio risk and return
- Understand win/loss statistics
New! Pricing Insights Dashboards
Key bank managers have secure views of the entire pricing process that are easy to use and understand. Some of the standard dashboard reporting includes:
- Performance Overview – Visualize deal pricing performance over a period of your choice. Quickly identify deals that exceed hurdle vs those below hurdle.
- Pricing Trend – See how prices are trending over a period of your choice. Metrics include ROE, margin, and fees, or any price variable
- Win/Loss Rate – Access win/loss statistics over a period of your choice as well as win/loss trends over the last 12 months.
- Approval Overview – Examine approval activities over the period of your choice. See how many deals have been approved, deal volume, and a comparison of new versus refinanced deals. Slice and dice approved deals by region, industry, or branch. Understand the key return metrics such as Net Interest Margin, Tenor, and Credit Rating.
- Average Return on Capital – Examine the Return on Capital and customer relationships for deals approved, booked, or lost over the period of your choice.
- Total Deal Volume – Visualize the deal volume for approved, booked, and lost deals over the period of your choice.
- Promised vs Realized Revenue – Compare quarterly realized versus promised revenue over the last year.
- Cross-Sell Tracking – Understand the source and status of cross-sell revenue over the period of your choice and the impact on deal performance.